Hey everyone today I am going to be sharing with you a blogging course which you can do online. I have been following Dana Fox’s blog Wonder Forest for quite a while now I guess in many ways it’s like Narnia you click on her blog and you never know what you’re going to find. I guess you could say over the last month I have become a big fan of Dana. Her main blogWonder Forest is a blog based upon DIY, beauty, blog help, tech stuff, fashion, advice and life stuff.
I also love searching through her other blog Icanbuildablog which is all about the in’s and out’s of running a blog from SEO (search engine optimisation) to HTML. As well as running two blogs Dana also has two youtube channels one called Wonder Forest and the other called The Blog Beautician, apps, an online shop where you can buy blog templates, another store where you can buy cases for electrical things such as an iPad or iPhone. If that wasn’t enough Dana also has two books out which are called 365 Blog Ideas that I actually own you can see my review here.
Now I have spoken about the lovely Dana who is indeed so lovely and down to earth let’s speak about the online blogging course. First of all it’s called “Get Noticed” it costs $149 which is around £99 so I completely understand if you think it’s expensive. However it’s actually not when you think about it so hear me out here are a few reasons why:
– It’s an investment into your blog therefore you’re bound to get more out of it than what you put in. E.g. if you spend £99 on it but end up getting a career or a bigger audience then it’s worth it right?
– It will last a long time this course isn’t designed to make your blog popular over night it’s designed to build upon what you already have and make it last longer. For example, in the course you will learn how to gain more followers that will last longer instead of those who just look at your blog once and never again.
– There are around 12 units which cover everything from creating content to SEO and RSS and feeds. I really like the range of topics as they cover the basics as well as information you’ll need to know throughout your blogging life.
– Each lesson has been planned out so you can work at your own pace. There are forums where you can chat with other people who are also taking the course. In addition to this you are able to see how much of each topic you have completed as it is shown in a percentage next to the specific topic.
– You are able to go back and fourth with the course even if you have finished it you are still able to access it and go through it again if you would like.
I started the course a few weeks ago ahead of everyone else as I got early enrollment. Ever since then I have been working my way through the course at my own pace as I have been extremely busy these past few weeks. A lot of people may say that you’re crazy for spending that much on a course. However for me it was an early birthday present as my birthday’s next month as well as an investment in my blog.
I’m so glad that I have done it although I have a few more units to complete the whole experience has been fun and interesting. I have learnt a lot whilst working my way through this course. I can’t wait to see the other courses that come out and I’m sure I’ll do them as well as I have enjoyed this experience a lot so far. I have really loved working at my own pace as it allows me to do it when I want but also when I have the time too.
I highly recommend this course to anyone of all blogging skills as it has taught me a lot of things that I’ll use throughout the rest of my blogging life. I know that it can seem a lot so maybe ask for it for a birthday present or on a special occasion. It’s one of those thing’s that you spend a lot on but you’ll definitely get a lot out of it so it’s worth it.
Definitely go and check out the website here where you can read more about the course and then make up your own mind. If you want to her more about my experience then you can always talk with me on twitter my username is @asiajade4. I would love to hear whether some of you do the course as it would be nice to hear what you think about it too.