Happy New Year & Happy New Decade everyone! I cannot believe that another 10 years has flown by it has gone so quickly. 10 years ago I was 13 so I would have still been in school probably not giving a care in the world and messing around in maths. I did want to get this up for New Year’s Day itself however, I haven’t been very well recently and I even had to take a few days off work to recover which is very rare for me. I’m still not 100% at the moment but I feel a lot better than I did 24 hours ago.
For New Year’s Eve, I went out with a friend to Bounce, Old Street which is a ping pong place. Bounce were throwing a 21st century themed evening seeing as we were ending a decade and starting a new one. We also made a lot of new friends throughout the night which I always love as you can never have enough friends. It was really fun as lots of people had travelled into London to celebrate NYE which meant that it wasn’t your usual local crowd. We all played ping pong and danced to music from the 20th century until the early hours. I took the tube home which was a lot of fun as everyone was in a great mood. I ended up getting home around 3am and then waking up later on feeling incredibly under the weather. I reckon I caught the flu off someone on the tube a few days before and it took a while to fully develop as I felt fine on New Year’s Eve.
For the past five years, I have done this post each year as I think it’s a great way to reflect on the past year but to also look ahead at the new year in front of you. Each year I try and set myself measurable goals to achieve both on my blog and YouTube channel but also personally as well. I always love reading them the next year and seeing where I’ve achieved things but also what I need to work on for the year ahead. 2019 was such a big year for me as a lot of things happened that will shape my life for the rest of my life. I really became comfortable with myself and really learnt what truly matters and what I’m worth. This year I want to continue working on myself because that’s what really adds to your happiness and being happy is one of the most important things in life.
Just a few things from last year:
- One of my best friends got married and had a beautiful baby boy.
- I went to see both Wicked and Aladdin at the theatre.
- I got to travel to Dublin, Ireland for work.
- I went on a staycation to Leeds to see a few of my friends for a friend’s 21st.
- I hosted two of the biggest events in my career which were very successful.
- I turned 23 in sunny Portugal.
- I saw Michael Buble in concert who is my all-time favourite singer.
- I got to meet the New Zealand netball team who later on became Netball world champions at the Netball World Cup 2019.
- I attended my first London Pride with OGX which was absolutely amazing.
- I went on a group tour to Cambodia all by myself.
- I got a big promotion at work.
- I finally visited Backyard Cinema which was really cool.
- I slept out in Trafalgar Square for the homeless and raised over £900!
2019 Blog/YouTube Goals:
- Reach 170,000 views on my blog by 1st January 2020 (Almost achieved, however, I’ve reached 151, 861 views as of 30.12.19).
- Reach 150,000 views & 5,000 subscribers on my YouTube channel (Almost achieved, I’ve reached 124, 580 Views, & 2,397 Subscribers).
- Vlog every day for one month (Failed).
- Blog every day for one month (Failed).
- Meet 3 internet friends and go for coffee or tea (I’ve made 3 new friends from the internet this year and I know that we will be friends for a while).
- Spend more time on my blog and channel (Failed big time, I really want to spend more time on them both in 2020).
2019 Personal Goals:
- Keep going to the gym (I didn’t do very well on this either. I have a habit of going a lot and then hardly going at all).
- Save £4,000 by the end of 2019 (Failed as of 30.12.19 I’ve only saved £300 which is well off my target).
- See more people in person rather than just by talking online (I tried to do this a lot and I think I did pretty well as I’ve made a lot more memories this year in person).
- Stop buying lots of crap (I did try to do this and I did quite well, however, I still think I bought a lot that I didn’t really need at all).
- Go on more adventures (I definitely did this as I went to Dublin on my own and also Cambodia).
2020 Blog/YouTube Goals:
- Reach 180,000 views on my blog by 1st January 2020.
- Reach 180,000 views & 5,000 subscribers on my YouTube channel by 1st January 2020.
- Blog every day for a week.
- Upload a video every day for a week.
- Try and upload a blog post or video every week.
- Work more on my SEO.
- Collab with at least two other creators.
2020 Personal Goals:
- Start netball again.
- Go swimming at least once a week.
- Learn French again.
- Save £8,000 by the end of 2020.
- Declutter my room and stop buying things I never use.
- Create more of a capsule wardrobe instead of having items that I only wear once.
- Visit either Norway, Sweden, Finland or even all three!
- Go back to Ireland to explore more as last time I was only there for 24 hours.
- Be more productive in my everyday life.
- Read a book once a month.